Call us today 877.507.6242
Education & Training
Social Model Recovery Systems has prided itself on offering high quality, informative, and professional training and education to it’s Administrative, Clinical, and Professional staff since 1989.
In addition, Professional and Clinical trainings have been offered to others in the community who are seeking Continuing Education to advance their knowledge and skills and/or receive CE hours towards the maintenance or renewal of their professional license or certification.
Social Model Recovery Systems is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the following organizations:
- The California Association of Alcohol/Drug Educators (CAADE)
- The California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP)
- The California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP)
- The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Approved by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners (BBSE)
Social Model Recovery Systems maintains an annual calendar of staff trainings and community trainings which is posted on this website. Staff trainings are offered monthly and community trainings are offered several times throughout the year. Topics include those required by SAPC and CARF as well as others designed to provide further professional development and education.
Training topics include but aren’t limited to:
- “Certification Examination Preparation”
- “Communicable Diseases (Hepatitis A,B,&C; HIV/AIDS; Covid-19); and Universal Precautions”
- “Laws, Ethics, and Boundaries for Addiction Professionals”
- “Common Psychotropic and M.A.T. Medication Education”
- “Clinical Documentation and Treatment Planning”
- “Medication Management and Safeguarding”
- “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy”
- “M.A.T. Medications and Naloxone”
- “Motivational Interviewing”
- “Case Management”
- “Determining Medical Necessity”
- “Improving the Understanding and Use of the ASAM Assessment/Criteria”
- “The Physiology of Addiction”
- “Co-Occurring Disorders”
- “The Relationship Between Trauma and Addiction”
- “Contingency Management”
The dates and times for specific staff trainings can be found on the “Staff Events” Calendar in this website.
External trainings and education can be found on the “Training Events Calendar” in this website.